Smart home trends have been growing in popularity for years. With this, we continue to look for new ways to connect everyday devices in our homes and make the places we live more comfortable, safe, and entertaining. The Indian household evolved last year inclining towards smart houses as almost everybody was working from home and it made sense to turn your house smart. That’s exactly what happened, people started looking for contactless solutions and opted for IoT products.
Nowadays, there is a smarter version of every home appliance available to cater to the growing needs of automated homes. Voice assistants experienced steady growth, and proprietary smart home devices and other connected devices such as smart locks, lamps, robots, and vacuum cleaners proved worthwhile.
Personalized connectivity hubs with Zigbee, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other IoT connectivity technologies entered the smart home market last year that enables centralized control and management. To keep up with the trend, the home sellers started investing more in technology and appliances to stay ahead of the competition.
· There are new offerings on the market for devices such as LED lighting, smart locks, doorbells, and speakers, all of which are connected to a single smart home system.
· The majority of homeowners use smart devices for convenience and time saving, followed by security.
· Smart home devices facilitate decision-making, solve daily challenges and make life healthier and safer.
· Homeowners do not have to worry about all the appliances in the house and leave the work of changing appliances from one house to another to intelligent technology.
· Smart devices will continue to increase as technology advances and offers more benefits that improve life at home.
· We have seen, most smart home devices and technologies are already present in the newly constructed apartment buildings. Devices such as smart locks, smart thermostats, and voice assistants are quite common these days. This is what most tenants and prospective homeowners pay attention to when they conclude a contract.
· As technology improves and evolves, the popularity of smart home devices will continue to grow, as will the popularity of installing home automation in existing homes.
· A new category was created last year to pair digital assistant technologies such as Alexa and Google Assistant with security devices such as video doorbells. Facial recognition devices, video door alarms, controlled locks, and state-of-the-art burglar alarms are trendy security options for corridor smart homes.
The smart homes will have the intelligence it needs to think independently and tenants and buyers interested in homes with smart appliances will benefit in energy savings and improved security in the home. The trend we see today in terms of applications is just the tip of the iceberg and is certainly set to continue into the next decade.